- 1 1/2 cups milk and/or half-and-half cream or a combination
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese or any shredded cheese you enjoy
- 2 ( 8inch ) unbaked Pie Shells
- Asparagus ( you pick the amount, suggested about 10 stalks)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Steam asparagus in pot or cook in microwave. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle chopped asparagus into pie shells.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese over asparagus.
- Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Place pie shells on a baking sheet and then pour in liquid ingredients, decorate the top with extra cheese and asparagus. Serve with a side salad.